Studio policies are in place to support consistency and fairness among all students and to protect our professional and personal time. Thank you for respecting them!
Payment Policy and Methods
Monthly tuition is due by the first lesson of each month. A $25 late fee will be applied to payments made after the 15th of the month. Tuition will be prorated for students who enroll mid-month. All tuition fees are non-refundable. Payments may be made by cash, check (made out to Little Bird Music), Venmo (@LittleBirdMusic), or the online "Pay Now" link via Quickbooks. A $25 fee will be charged for each returned check.
Makeup Lesson Policy
Tuition reserves a weekly spot for individual, customized lessons. As a general rule of thumb, there are no guaranteed makeups or refunds for any missed lessons. However, if a student plans to miss a lesson and at least two weeks of advanced notice is given, we will do our best to reschedule within 30 days of the missed lesson. Last minute cancellations will not be made up. Should the public school system cancel school due to inclement weather, Little Bird Music will make a call mid-day if studio lessons are also canceled. Any lessons canceled due to weather or the unlikely event of teacher cancellation will be rescheduled.
Holidays, Breaks, and Summer Session
Depending on how the calendar falls, some months will have more lessons than others. Over the course of the ten-month school year, students will average four lessons per month. With the exception of July and August, tuition remains the same each month. The studio will be closed on the following holidays/dates:
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and the Friday after
- Christmas week and New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Two weeks during the summer (TBD)
Lessons will continue on other federal holidays (Columbus Day, MLK Day, the presidential holidays) and during fall break, ski/skate week, and spring break. Tuition is still due even if students leave for vacation.
Many students take the summer off from lessons; however, a modified summer session is available. To secure a spot in the fall, enrollment for the following school year is due July 1.
A month-to-month commitment is required at Little Bird Music. If a student wishes to end lessons, he/she or the parent are asked to give notification to the teacher at least two weeks before the next tuition installment is due. Failure to do so will result in payment for the following month. The teacher retains the right to end lessons with a student if the relationship is unworkable or for lack of meaningful progress. The teacher will communicate any problems to the parent in advance. However, if the teacher thinks it is best to end lessons, two weeks notice will be given to the student and parent.
Our goal at Little Bird Music is to provide a fun and encouraging environment for productive and meaningful learning. In order to do so, we kindly ask each student to follow this set of guidelines:
- Please arrive to lessons on time. Any missed time due to lateness will not be made up.
- It is in the student's best interest to practice at home everyday (15 minutes to an hour or more, depending on the level of the student). If a situation should occur to prevent practice, please communicate this to the teacher.
- Please come to each lesson with your piano books.
- A studio recital is given twice a year, and every student is highly encouraged to participate.
- Most importantly, have fun! After all, our mission as a piano studio is to help students cultivate a lifelong love of music and learning.
- Parental involvement for students under the age of 7 is strongly recommended. Younger students usually have a more positive learning experience if parents actively (and lovingly) participate in practicing with the student at least 10-15 minutes each day.
- Parents are asked to provide an acoustic piano or keyboard for their child when starting piano lessons.
- Please be on time when dropping off/picking up the student to/from lessons.
- Parents will be responsible for purchasing new piano books when necessary. The teacher will supply all piano books.
- Should certain circumstances arise (i.e. the child does not wish to practice or seems to be losing motivation), the parent will communicate the situation to the teacher in a timely manner. Likewise, the teacher will communicate feedback to the parent about student progress, level of interest, and continued motivation.
- With the exception of preschool piano lessons, parents are respectfully asked to remain in the waiting area during studio lessons. This ensures the most productive one-on-one learning time between teacher and student. The teacher will take a few moments after the lesson to give each parent a brief recap of the session.
- Since the studio waiting area is in the same room as the teaching area, parents and siblings are asked to be respectful and quiet while waiting.